I wish to advise you of the agreed Easter Retail Branch Office arrangements and the modified plan for this year. The rationale for the departure from previous years, is that it creates the opportunity for Counter staff to have a long-weekend break, giving a well-earned breather in these unprecedented times, while maintaining essential services to customers.
• Social Welfare payments due to be paid on Good Friday, will be made on Holy Thursday.
• Monday payments normally paid on Saturday will be available for payment from Holy Thursday also.
• Easter Saturday – the Retail network will stay closed.
• Branch Offices will be staffed on Good Friday, from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm, by those due in on Saturday to deal with any overhang of payments from Thursday (Half days leave will not be deducted for the afternoon).
• While it is expected the above staffing level will be sufficient, it may be supplemented, if required, in some offices by volunteers from those who would normally attend on Fridays, from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm (Bank holiday rate payment for the extra attendances).
• Branch Managers are required to attend on Good Friday and will have time in lieu for the attendance.
Please bring this circular to the attention of members working at Post Office Counters.
Publication Type: Circular