In GS Circular 9/23 we outlined the Union had secured agreement with An Post, the payment of a tax-free €750 voucher, pro rata for part-time staff. The Company agreed this in recognition of the continuing cost of living crises and for ongoing cooperation and support for the company transformation. The agreement provides for payment in Q4 2023. As previously advised the Union expects the Company to commence issuing the vouchers in early November 2023.
Following further engagement, I can confirm the company will apply the following criteria.
- To receive the voucher all employees must have been employed by An Post on or before the 31st of May 2023 and must in employment at the date of issue of the voucher.
- For full time employees this voucher is €750.00 per person. This will be pro-rated in relation to employees that have had absences in the 12 months prior to 31st May 2023 of one month or more. For this purpose, annual leave, public holidays, flexi leave / days in lieu, any special leave for union purposes, and compassionate leave are all counted as worked time.
- For part time employees the Company will review their service in the 8 weeks prior to the 31st May 2023 and in a similar manner to the previous Covid voucher, will calculate the pro rata amount based on hours worked as follows:
- Part-time staff to get a voucher based pro-rata on the hours worked, including all basic hours up to 37.5 hours per week.
- For this purpose, annual leave, public holidays, flexi leave / days in lieu, any special leave for union purposes, and compassionate leave are all counted as worked time. Sick Leave, Special Leave and overtime hours are excluded.
- For any employee not at work when the voucher falls to be paid it will be paid to them upon their return to work.
- The vouchers will be issued directly to employee’s home addresses on the Company system at the date of payment.
Publication Type: Circular