At this unprecedented time the CWU is determined to maintain continuity of services to our members across Ireland, through our office, staff and technology. The wellbeing of both our members and employees are of the utmost importance to us and we have developed a number of protocols which will assist us in delivering service to our members, while at the same time reducing the risk to our members, staff and the public. Therefore, there will be immediate changes in the way we deliver services and interact with members, staff and the public.
- All Officials will work remotely away from our offices as and from 16 March 2020. Our offices will continue to be staffed by our administrative staff. All enquiries should, in the first instance, be by telephone or email and our administrative staff will field such contacts to our industrial officials, who will make contact by phone. Our Officials have been advised to limit face-to-face meetings to those that are essential and unavoidable.
- We would ask our members not to visit any of our offices unannounced. Please telephone/email first and we can discuss whether a meeting or a visit is necessary.
- We have instructed all suppliers and service providers not to visit our offices without an appointment.
- All training courses, our Biennial Delegate Conference scheduled for 6th May, and all business travel internally and abroad, have been cancelled until further notice.
- Our Officials/Organisers will be in contact with all our Branch Reps to ensure that our members are kept up-to-date and are not experiencing any operational/personal difficulties as a result of Employer Protocols on COVID-19.
- This is an evolving crisis and we will be issuing further updates to our members as time progresses through GS Circulars and we will also provide information on our website to keep you informed.
- CWU Officials are in contact with all employee companies at the highest level to ensure that none of our members are put at unnecessary risk and is putting pressure to ensure that the necessary equipment is provide to enable our members to carry out their work in the safest way possible. Where possible, arrangements for home working are being put in place.
- We will do everything we can to ensure all Social Benefit claims are fulfilled on time.
We understand that this is a time of great stress to members and their families, particularly as many of us carry out essential services to the public. We assure you that we will do whatever it takes to limit the health risks and financial impact on our members.
If we work together and adopt safe and reasonable protocols and procedures, I believe we can beat the worst impact of COVID-19.
Publication Type: Circular