The Youth Committee is an important forum for our younger members to express their opinions and views on issues as they relate to young workers. The CWU has long recognised
the unique challenges facing our younger members across all sectors.
The aims of the Youth Committee, as set out in their recently agreed Action Plan, are:
- To influence Union policy from the grassroots upward to reflect the particular needs and viewpoints of young members of the CWU
- To encourage greater involvement of young members across all Branches and sectors of the Union
- To support the effort to recruit young members into the Union and to encourage the building of activists within the Union
- To drive campaigns that affect young people both within and without the trade union movement
- To engage with youth groups in other trade unions and political movements
- To work towards a seat on the Union’s National Executive Council for a member of the Youth Committee
- To continue and increase their involvement in global youth committees
Any young members interested in becoming involved or who are curious about the role of the Youth Committee should feel free to contact head office for more information.
DOWNLOAD AGM REPORT 2015
DOWNLOAD AGM REPORT 2014
DOWNLOAD AGM REPORT 2013
DOWNLOAD AGM REPORT 2012